17 days ago I started with Pieces of Bliss. Just an online place where you can feel and find feel-good things. 17 days later over the 100 people liked our blogs, 18 bloggers follow us and many of you follow us also on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. These stats gave us, me and all contributors of the blog, the energy to keep doing what we are doing, inspire you and hoping to give you, our readers, a piece of bliss by reading our recipes, travel stories or sharing our life experiences.
This morning I woke up and found out that the amazing EthnicBeautee.wordpress.com has nominated Pieces of Bliss for the Versatile Blogger Award. I can’t describe what a blissful feeling that gave all of us. Receiving a nominee after 17 days in the online world is a true compliment and it gives me and the contributors the confident to continue with Pieces of Bliss.
How to participate?
Thank the blogger(s) who tagged you, share seven things about yourself, and then tag other bloggers to nominate them for the award too! The VBA is is awarded to bloggers who blog on variety of subjects, while maintaining quality content–it pays to be a scatter brain. Thank the blogger(s) who tagged you, share seven things about yourself, and then tag other bloggers to nominate them for the award too!
Now being nominated means also sticking to these ground rules so here we go.
Thank you Taylor Gabrielle of EthnicBeautee for the nomination. It means a lot to me and the rest of the team to receive recognition from a fellow blogger. Your blog is my Sunday morning bliss while enjoying a cup of mint tea in bed. I love the way you take your readers by the hand for a trip through your life.
My 7 things
- I sing in front of a mirror with my hairbrush in my hand pretending as my microphone on my favorite song pretending that I’m on stage in front of thousands of people. Guess the little artist girl inside of me is still alive and very much kicking.
- I dance in the rain with my son.
- I’m convinced that the ocean once was my home. The sound, the smell and the feeling brings my inner mermaid comes alive. That feeling of swimming under water touching the bottom of the sea and swimming alongside sea turtles and playing with dolphins and little fish simply gives me that ultimate feeling of home sweet home and freedom.
- I was born in the country of Suirname, grow up in the Netherlands. After 10 years living in the Caribbean and South America it’s time to go back to homebase to settle down with the 2 most important people in my world, the loves of my life.
- I don’t like broccoli.
- I prefer to lit candles at home on a regular evening than turn on regular lamps.
- I gave the Christmas box I received from the office to a homeless guy on my way home on a very cold Christmas evening a couple of years ago. It was the best feeling ever watching him so happy that he cried when he thanked me from the bottom of his heart and gave me a well meant hug. That moment I didn’t felled the ice cold weather.
Nominees (My online pieces of bliss):
Fashionathsta (Because her blogs are such a bliss to read)
Wanderlustrehab (One of our contributors. Simply because I love his passion for food and travel and how he follow his bliss in life.)
Jonin Marie Gargoles (Because I’m in LOVE with her photography)
Ariel ( Her blog is pure bliss and her pictures just bring me into her world even though I’m sitting on the couch.)
Karina Teuma (Because we share a mutual love for Food and delicious Recipes)
Bruna Morale (Just discovered her today but already a big fan. I believe in the color PINK)
Riselle aka The Traveling Island Girl. (Not only because she is also one of our contributors, but most of all because she just started blogging. I think she has a talent when it comes to expressing her feelings on paper in a way that will totally crack you up. Her pureness, honesty and humor in her blogs, even when it comes to serious matters, makes her blogs a true bliss to read. With this nomination I want to encourage her to keep on writing because girl you have a talent. Share your island life with the rest of the world. I’m proud of you!)