This recipe for the summer salad is AMAZING with alterations! My son loved it and so did many of my friends who tasted it, so on special request the recipe for you all.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 cups mixed salad greens or spinach
- 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 mango – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup almonds or cashew nuts
- Place the sugar, oil, salt, and vinegar in a jar with a lid. Seal jar, and shake vigorously to mix.
- In a large bowl, mix salad greens or spinach, sweetened dried cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, mango, and onion. To serve, toss with dressing and sprinkle with the almonds or the cashew nuts
- Now if you are going to use the almonds my secret tip is toast the almonds it will add some extra flavor to your salad.
Add a Avocado to this recipe if you want some variety in the recipe.
I love to eat this salad with garlic shrimps pincho. Marinade the shrimp in garlic olive oil and just put them on the grill for a couple of minutes.