One of the challenges in the daily life of a working mom is preparing something quick, yet healthy and delicious to put on the table for my family.
This time I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes, ‘Chicken Pesto’.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (flattened)
- 4 tsps basil pesto sauce (recipe here)
- 4 tbsps mozzarella cheese
- 4 roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Flatten chicken breasts (about 1-inch thickness) and place in casserole dish with just a little bit of olive oil. (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray if you are on a diet).
2. Spread 1 tsp basil pesto sauce on each chicken breast. Bake (uncovered) for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from oven, add thinly sliced tomato and 1 Tbsp mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast. Place back in oven for about 5-7 minutes (until cheese is melted). Serve with a side of brown rice, whole wheat pasta and vegetables or simply just as it is when you are on a diet.